AN ART TEACHER DEVELOPMENTAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR ART TUTORS IN A SERENE ENVIRONMENT THAT ENCOURAGES AND STIMULATE CREATIVE CONVERSATION AND EXCHANGE OF IDEAS TOWARDS IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY OF ART EDUCATION IN NIGERIA, TRANSFORM THE ART TEACHERS TO INCREASE THEIR CAPACITY AND POSITION THEM AS CHANGE AGENTS IN THEIR LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
STRUCTURE/DATE The ART TEACHERS CONNECT conference will be tailored towards an exhibition. It is an exchange exercise for the art instructors where they were made to interact and create bodies of works to address different issues in the society, especially issues that affect the children i.e Child abuse, Child trafficking, Child labour, Hiv/Aids etc It will be a sharing of ideas and exploring myriad of media and special projects for the first four days. The last day will features an exhibition of works executed during the period of the art retreat. The ART TEACHERS CONNECT conference will holds Wednesday 19th to Sunday 23rd December, 2012.
REGISTRATION IS FREE FOR ALL ART TEACHERS (It includes accommodation, art supplies, tours)
• Studio Sessions (exploring myriad of media)
• Drawing sessions
• Virtual visibility (Introduction to web log; blogging)
• Art @ the Orphanage (A practical platform for the art instructors to use art to effect social change, art as a springboard for therapy and empowerment with the children at the orphanage homes and other less privileged kids at the rural communities)
• Seascape drawing/painting (An artistic engagement at the beach)
• Cinema Show
FRIDA: The biopic of the amazingly talented and crazy Mexican female artist, Frida Khalo whose love story with Diego Riviera is the stuff of legend.
LIKE STARS ON EARTH: A Bollyhood movie which is by far the most sensitive and educational portrayal of childhood dyslexia. Eight-year-old Ishaan's world is filled with wonders that no one else seems to appreciate. Adults are more interested in things like homework and marks. And Ishaan just can't seem to get anything right in class. When he gets into more trouble than his parents can handle, he is packed off to boarding school to "be disciplined." New art teacher, Nikumbh, infects the students with joy and optimism and breaks all the rules of how things are done by asking them to think, dream and imagine. All the children respond with enthusiasm except Ishaan. Nikumbh soon realizes that something is wrong and sets out to discover why. With time, patience and care, he ultimately helps Ishaan find himself.
• Mural Art to effect social change (A Mural can be a relatively effective tool of social emancipation. Often, the visual effects are an enticement to attract public attention to social issues. Mural can have a dramatic impact whether consciously or subconsciously on the attitudes of the passers by. They as well add aesthetic improvement to the daily lives of residents)
• Adire re-branding (A new definition of and innovation of the traditional textile design, the art of tie and dye)
• Interactive sessions
• Red carpet/award night (award of the MOST FASCINATING ART TEACHER). A special night to celebrate the extraordinary Art teachers making incredible impacts in their local communities for the advancement of Art in Nigeria. The most fascinating stories will be shared on our virtual platform, www.teachingvisualart.blogspot.com
MODE OF REGISTRATION
There is no form to fill, no fee to pay. Just send a letter of notification (written by the art teacher) intimating his/her intention to attend (with NAME, MOBILE NUMBER, E-MAIL ADDY, SCHOOL ADDRESS) on or before 12th of December, 2012 to: email@example.com. Once we receive the mail we will get him/her signed up for the ART TEACHERS CONNECT 2012.
To be considered for the MOST FASCINATING ART TEACHER award, your art teacher will be required to forward an article describing his “ART CLASS EXPERIENCE” (550 words maximum and 20 attached images maximum) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation is subjected to availability of slot.
TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLIED!Photos and report of the last ART TEACHERS RETREAT are on the links below; please visit:
To support, partnership consideration or advert placement on the event catalog, forward your interest to: email@example.com OR call +234 803 087 4474.
REGISTRATION IS FREE FOR ALL ART TEACHERS